Friday, November 5, 2010

Straw Sculpture





It all started with just a few straws and no plan. What to do? No one knew. Originally, I planned on making it a really cool straw creation with water flowing all around inside the straws. But sadly, that plan had no way of being put into action. So, one day a friend of mine named Evan arranged the straws in a way that I cannot explain. 'Twas a beautiful form. 'Twas in a form of a colorful butterfly, but also in a sprouting straw sculpture. My art teacher also helped me come up with the idea to create two more of the same arrangement and put it all together, so that it created this wonderful object. I like to think of it as a toy, or a decoration, or maybe even a flying butterfly. But whichever way one is to look at it, its main goal is to entertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment